Unbound (All Good Things #1) Available on Amazon/Smashwords/Unknown (All Good Things #2) coming soon.

Saturday 22 March 2014

Sound and Fury


You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.
~ Albert Camus 

I've been looking for meaning lately, noticing myself finding patterns in dates and names and symbols. Trying to connect what is random and unfair and uncertain with what is tangible. 
So I can predict. 
So I can prepare. 
Even while I make these connections, the wise part of me knows that this is just an exercise in control. That looking for meaning is what we do when we feel unsure or overwhelmed by the random events in the universe. 
But I don't stop. I keep looking and wondering and trying to make life seem more orderly. 
And then it hits me. 
This is why I write stories. 
So in some small corner of the universe, things can make sense. 

Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.
~ CS Lewis 

No comments:

Post a Comment