Unbound (All Good Things #1) Available on Amazon/Smashwords/Unknown (All Good Things #2) coming soon.

Tuesday 16 December 2014

Lips of an Angel

God, I loved that terrible big-hair rock song. Heard it this morning and remembered there is nothing like belting out ballads at the top of my lungs while driving. And thus, this week's 99-word flash was born. Enjoy. 

Check out the amazing Rough Writers and their contributions over at Carrot Ranch Communications. 

****
“You’re my angel,” he said, brushing the hair back from her eyes.
Her face hidden, she nodded, but her heart dropped and disappointment loomed.
It always ended the same way.
Months later, she jammed her clothes into the suitcase, scanning the apartment for the last of her belongings. Her eyes rested on the photograph, framed carefully.
His wild hair now tamed. His piercings gone. His eyes, clear and loving as they gazed at her.
She walked out and slammed the door behind her.
She was looking for the one who wouldn’t change to please her.
She liked them bad.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, this reminds me a true story. How did I miss commenting? I thought I did! I hope it was a good comment in my thoughts...:-) This is a great flash and I'm truly thrilled that you are flashing over at Carrot Ranch. Your writing is so keen. I love reading it.

    ReplyDelete