Unbound (All Good Things #1) Available on Amazon/Smashwords/Unknown (All Good Things #2) coming soon.

Monday 13 April 2015

This Too Shall Pass

I used to hate change. I used to resist it and try to organize it and predict it. Now, on a good day, I welcome it, and on a not-so-good day, I shrug and welcome it anyway. Change doesn't give a shit about me and my plans. 

********************
The air had a hint of warmth underneath the cool breeze. Something was growing, somewhere. New life pushing itself up from beneath the cold, wet soil.

The tears had barely dried on her cheeks last night when she’d felt that same push from beneath her sadness. For a brief second, she’d understood that her heart would heal, that he wouldn’t always be the last thing she thought of before she went to sleep.

It wasn’t just hope, and it sure as hell wasn’t innocence. It was the certainty that everything changes. And the change she felt coming was welcome.

*********************
Check out the 99 word prompt over at Carrot Ranch Communications, as well as the other contributions from the Rough Writers

1 comment:

  1. Whaa? Where is my bloody comment?! I absolutely love this one. Said so in my comment which is not here. Pfft! Whatever. Beautiful and kind of heartbreaking. <3

    ReplyDelete